Sunday, November 15, 2009

Live in the Moment

I thought I might not blog tonight because I am so living in the future and have no time for now. Then that seemed like an interesting thing to blog about.

I have the Celebrate Oklahoma Voices training tomorrow and my day has been consumed with getting ready for it. I went to church this morning and felt God saying, slow down, focus on what's going on here. And I did, sort of.

But after church I skipped Sunday School, skipped lunch at my mother-in-law's and started packing for the big trip to Oklahoma City. About 2:00 p.m. I went to school to get pictures off of my computer to use at the workshop, post grades (progress report go out while we're gone), do the school newsletter, get lesson plans and materials ready for a sub and generally put all my energy into preparing for the future. I got home at just about 10:00 p.m. with still a bit of packing to do and of course a little bit of blogging.

C.S. Lewis has an interesting take on time, but since the clock is reading 11:00 p.m. I will save that for another time.

For now I am thankful for places to go, things to learn and for living in the present.

No comments: