Saturday, November 21, 2009

It's the Little Things that Count

It isn't an expensive car, a huge diamond ring, lots of money, a mansion or anything like that.

After work at the public library today, I met Owen and Beth at the mall. When Owen saw me, he lit up and ran in my direction with arms stretched out. He jumped up into my arms for a big hug. Now that's the kind of thing that matters. We ate dinner at El Chico's and then Owen said good-bye to Mom. He was going to spend the night with Pa and Gingie. It doesn't get much better than that. Owen and I walked to my car, hand in hand. Holding his warm little hand in mine, I thought, "It really is the little things that count."

1 comment:

Mari said...

there is no better feeling in the world than seeing that sweet face, especially when it lights up like that. color me green! AMLBO!!!