Thursday, November 5, 2009

Computers

Here I am at my computer. I start my day with coffee and email, I use the computer throughout the day at work. Here I am at the end of the day writing my blog. Today I got all new computers in the school library. I can hardly wait for my computer class to see them and try them out for the first time tomorrow.

I am grateful to be able to keep in touch with people far away. Email for in depth stories and invitations to see pictures. Blogs for the continuing story of their lives. Twitter for brief updates. Facebook for a fun community get-together.

How did we get by without the Internet? We have immediate access to information. We can look up nearly anything, anytime. Play games, watch videos, listen to music, even watch TV shows.

Today I am grateful for my computer, high speed Internet and computers at both jobs.

No comments: