Monday, November 23, 2009

He's Always There

And that's a good thing, because I'm talking about God.

Pray without ceasing, be in constant communication with God, even without words, even without conscious thought because God is always there. He watches my TV shows with me and he NEVER talks during the good parts. But he's there.

I was shopping for Thanksgiving at WalMart this evening. It was crowded. The aisle was full of people moving like a two lane highway. If one person stopped, everyone stopped. But there was a middle lane, a passing lane. I nipped into it and said, "Thank God for the middle lane." Did I hear him laugh?

I stopped to get a water on the way out but the machine wasn't working. What did I do with my wallet? Didn't give it a thought until I went to get money to put in my daughter's birthday card. It was not in my purse. I remembered having it out for the water, but then what did I do with it? I searched the car but it wasn't there. Was it in the laundry with my gym clothes? No. Was it in the bags with the groceries? No. Did I drop it in my school bag? No. Was it with my keys? No. Search and search but no wallet. I started thinking about calling to cancel my credit cards and get a new license and...then I remembered the groceries were in the trunk. I got a flashlight and opened the trunk. There it was, my wallet was found! And to think the sermon on Sunday was about the woman who cleaned her house from top to bottom to find her lost coin. Thank you God! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Stuff like that makes me feel like I'm losing my mind. How grateful I am that God is always with me and helps me locate my lost mind.

No comments: