Saturday, November 14, 2009

Give thanks in all circumstances.

Thessalonians 5:18

I understand that the Pilgrims loved this scripture and thanked God even though many of them did not survive the treacherous trip to the new world. Then that first winter in Plymouth, half of them died of the great sickness. And yet the Pilgrims offered up their thanks to God and celebrated the first Thanksgiving.

That said, I guess I can maintain an attitude of gratitude even though I have come down with what Owen had earlier this week. I threw up all of my breakfast and I think some things I ate last week as well. I was glad it was Saturday. I have many things that need to be done, but most of them can wait until another time. I got back into bed and slept until 11:00 a.m.

That helped some but I knew I wasn't going to be able to take Owen to see the Thomas movie at 1:30 like we'd planned. Thankfully Owen has a Pa who is happy to take my place in the movie theater. They had a great time. Owen came rushing in talking so fast like he just didn't have enough time to say everything he wanted to tell about the movie. He's a good boy. It's easy to be joyful about him at all times.

I also had thoughts about this being a temporary illness. Sometimes we have to get sick to appreciate our health. It's not a battle I have to fight to stay alive. It's really no big deal. Just a little inconvenience.

I think I better go lay down and get some rest. I'm glad I have a house and a comfortable bed and clean sheets and blankets and a TV set with DISH network and chicken noodle soup...

No comments: