Monday, August 22, 2011

Marvelous Monday

It was a good day at school today. Granted, it was only the third day of school, but days one and two weren't all that good, and it's Monday. Is there really anything good about Monday?

My first hour computer class worked and got their assignments done. Three girls even did an extra credit assignment. I have two terrific library aides that hour who are getting me caught up.

A new girl stopped by the library because she couldn't find her classroom. I was feeling a little verklempt realizing this student came to me for help. We made several stops but did finally find her classroom.

As my pre-teaching class was leaving today, a boy told me that his schedule for the rest of the day was pretty much down hill. I said I was glad pre-teaching was the peak of his day. He said, "Oh yeah, this is my best class." We did have fun today.

The pre-K class came to the library for short visit. Their teacher was taking them on a tour of the school, checking everything out. It was wonderful to meet these brand new students.

I enjoyed time with elementary students who came to the library today. Two 6th grade girls left a sticky note on my computer monitor that said, "We love Mrs. Perry. Naomi and Emma" That made it worth coming to school today.

25 kids poured into the library last hour for a new class: service learning. They were energetic and wound up. I gave them projects to work on and they were productive like a room of noisy machines cranking out product. I may have to get ear plugs, but I think I'm going to enjoy this class.

Good days, bad days, ups and downs; build on the ups while avoiding the downs.

.

No comments: