Friday, August 26, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Older

It’s Friday. Take a breath.
Two days of rest are headed toward us like bright and beautiful waves of hope.
Let’s write, shall we? Without wondering if it’s right or not.
Take five minutes and remember what it feels like to weave words together...without worrying about how they're edited or perfected.
GO:
Older
I'm older than I've ever been before.
I guess that is true for everyone, but when you are 20, older than 19 it just doesn't have the same meaning as being in your 60's. And I know ladies in their 70's and 80's would roll their eyes at me, being only in my 60's.
It's a new perspective on life. Life that has an end nearer in sight than ever before. And I wonder about the older ones , the closer ones, and how they feel about older.
Older is also my grandson. His birthday is just days away and he will be one year older, seven. Seven is a perfect number, no? A perfect number for a perfect grandson.
We all grow older, it's the way it is. Sometimes older is better (wine and me). I've always loved antiques, I just never thought I'd be one.
STOP.

I love Fridays. Such an easy day to write.

No comments: