Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Girl and Her Shoes

Gucci, Chanel, Prada, Versace, Dior, Miu Miu, Louboutin...
...but really I was thinking Sketchers. They've become my favorite shoes since all of my Clarks fell apart. I've bought new Sketcher sandals every summer for several years (usually in multiple colors). They are so comfortable and easy to walk in.

This year I tried a pair of Sketcher Shape-Ups. I was in Ross on senior discount Tuesday. I like to check the shoes for my size. I rarely find anything, but on this occasion there was a black pair of Sketcher Shape-Ups in my size. They didn't look as weird as the colored ones I'd seen so I tried them on. COMFORT! They were $50 which was 1/2 off the full price in shoe stores.

It took a bit of practice to get used to them. The sole is thick and curved, I thought I'd lose my balance a couple of times. But now they are so comfortable. They make me want to move and keep moving. If I wear another flat pair of sneaker (like when I forget my Shape-Ups and have to wear the spare pair of tennies in my car trunk) they feel so inferior, like there is no support at all. And they used to be my good work out shoes.

I have three pairs. I went back to Ross and found a blue and silver pair. I don't always want to wear black. And another time I was at Dillard's and they had a pink and silver pair on clearance for $35. I snapped those puppies up. I haven't found any other colors in my size on sale, but when I do, I'll be buying those too.

What shoes do you love?

.

No comments: