Saturday, August 6, 2011

I LOVE LISTS

What? No prompts on Saturday?


Since I haven’t used any of the prompts this week. It’s a great time to catch up with a prompt list.

  • Monday – What is your favorite book? The Bible

If I could only have one book, it would be the Bible. It contains every type of literature, evokes every emotion, instructs, and is continually new. I can read the same passage multiple times and get new insights every time.

Picking my favorite work of fiction is not so easy. I won’t even go there.

  • Tuesday – Who is your favorite author? IDK

As a librarian I get asked that question a lot. I can’t just pick one. It’s like asking, “Which is your favorite child?” I think JK Rowling is one of the best current authors and I loved the Harry Potter series and look forward to her future work. But I also enjoy many mystery writers, too many to name.

  • Wednesday – Have you ever wished you could enter a book? No, not really.

The kind of books I read (murder and mayhem) are too scary to become an active participant. If I were going to enter a book, I’d like to be in one that Mr. Rogers wrote. I would love to have met him.

  • Thursday – What character would you most like to meet? Again, hard to say.

Two endearing characters are Dexter (Jeff Lindsay) and Odd Thomas (Dean Koontz). Dexter is way too scary and over the edge so I’ll go with quirky Odd Thomas.

  • Friday - What is the best first sentence you can think of off the top of your head?

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times…" (A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens)


Is there a better first sentence than that?


.

No comments: