Thursday, December 30, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies

After a week of the most tempting sugar laden Christmas cookies, candies, cakes and pies, I thought I'd try a sugar and flour free cookie recipe to share with my health conscious company.

Peanut Butter Cookies

A rule of thumb is that if a product doesn't have many ingredients then it is less likely to be bad for you. Here's a cookie with only three ingredients.

1 cup Truvia (Nature's calorie free sweetener)The container says 3/4 tsp Truvia = 2 tsp sugar. This recipe originally called for 1 cup sugar. I liked the cookies better baked with 1 cup Truvia than with just 1/2 cup.

1 cup no sugar added peanut butter

1 egg

How's that for easy to remember ingredients? You can double the recipe and use the whole 16 oz. jar of peanut butter.

I use Truvia because it has the weight and texture of sugar.

I use Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter, creamy. Chunky would probably be good too. This peanut butter only has two ingredients: peanuts and salt.

No comment on the egg.
Instructions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.

Grease cookie sheets (I use Pam Olive Oil)

In a medium bowl mix the three ingredients until well mixed.

Roll the dough into one inch balls. I have a hard time keeping them that small.

Place the balls 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.

Flatten each ball slightly.

Spray Pam on a small cookie cutter (I got mine out of a holiday Play-Doh set), dip it in Truvia (or not) and press into the center of each cookie.

Bake about 9 minutes or until the edges are set and bottoms are slightly browned. I found it is easy to overcook these cookies.


On a cookie sheet ready to bake.










Out of the oven cooling.













Only thing left to do is wash the dishes and eat the cookies.

No comments: