Monday, December 20, 2010

Is Monday Ever the Best Day of the Week?

Today it is. It's the beginning of Christmas Break.

Owen doesn't have to go to school today and neither do I, so he got to spend the night with us last night and I got to wake up to his sweet little boy breath this morning and a retelling of his dream about a T-Rex who doesn't eat meat.

Monday is always a day off at the public library for me so I have the whole day to do whatever I want. The top of my list is to get Christmas cards written. It's been several years since I've sent cards before Christmas. Some people may be disappointed to hear from me before Christmas since they now expect a Happy New Year/Merry Epiphany letter. I like to write, so maybe I can do both.

I received an hysterical email from Jon Morrow of Copyblogger today. A pleasant way to start the day and the week with a smile and a hearty laugh. I would link to the story if I knew where it is posted. Maybe it's "just" an email. I wrote and asked Jon's permission to repost his story on my blog so there is a possiblity that you'll be able to read it here.

Speaking of Copyblogger, they have some really cool T-Shirts for sale. 100% of the profit goes to Reading is Fundamental (child literacy organization) whose "vision is a literate America in which all children have access to books and discover the joys and value of reading." The link to the T-Shirts is HERE.

One thing I always love about Mondays is the new A.Word.A.Day theme. This week's theme is particularly appropriate: No el. Huh? The five words this week will contain all the letters of the English alphabet except L. As a bonus Anu gives Noel's history: it started in Latin (meaning birthday), became French and now is part of the English language. During its journey through time, Noel has taken on the more specific meaning of Jesus' birthday.

Today's word is Katzenjammer. (No el) Check it out.

There's no telling what other fabulous features will unfold on this first Monday of vacation. I may have to do a second post this evening. For now, I'm off to start writing Christmas cards.

Joyeux Noel!

No comments: