Thursday, April 15, 2010

You're not too BIG to do Small Things

I stopped at Subway to get a sandwich. A woman even older and heavier than I got out of her car and hobbled to the door using a cane. A teenage boy saw her and ran from his car to open the door for her. It made me feel as good as if he'd opened the door for me.

Then when I got to the door I saw a different teenage boy get up from his table and come open the door for me. What is the world coming to?

Imagine what the world could come to if everyone looked for opportunities to be kind and courteous to other people. I'll start with me. I will make a conscious effort to be helpful and friendly. Maybe it'll catch on.

I'm making a BIG deal about small actions because a plethora of small acts makes a BIG deal. Join me in changing the world one door at a time.

.

No comments: