Sunday, April 18, 2010

Here I am, Lord

Hymn # 593 in the Methodist Hymnal
Refrain: Whom shall I send?
Here I am, Lord. Is it I Lord?
I have heard you calling in the night.
I will go, Lord, if you lead me.
I will hold your people in my heart.

It's been a busy weekend. Go, go, go all the time

At church this morning I rushed back to get a bulletin for my Mother-in-law. As I was hurrying back to my seat, I felt a hand on my arm. I turned and said hello to Bill. After a quick hug, he told me, "You need to slow down." I smiled and told him, "You are probably right."

If God has a new adventure for me, I do need to slow down so I can hear him calling. Will it be something "normal" or something totally unexpected?

If the part-time job comes to pass I will have time to slow down. I've made a list of things I could do with more time:
Learn to use Photoshop better
Organize my photos
Take more pictures
Take college classes (journalism, writing, technology, PhD)
Read Writer's Digest
Read
Visit Linda
Drive to Baton Rouge for the weekend
Go on mini-trips (Dallas museum district)
Spend time with people: Coretta, Susanna, Janie, Ann
House repairs (?)
Volunteer

I wonder what is on God's list. Exciting times.

1 comment:

Mari said...

Take the question mark off house repairs ... or replace it with find new house!