Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Big News

I got some big news a few weeks ago from my professional organization. They let me know that a house bill had passed through the house and was now in the senate. This house bill relaxes requirements so schools can save money in these difficult financial times. I am affected by the part of the bill that says for the next two years schools won't need to have a school librarian. That's who I am. Yikes!

I didn't get too upset by the news. I wondered if God would have me continue in my ministry at school (I consider myself an undercover missionary) or head out on some new adventure. I have ideas and I know God has great ideas. It doesn't hurt that our house is paid off, it doesn't cost a lot to live here and I have some savings. I asked my friends to pray for me about this and I was annointed at church during a special annointing service.

Wondering, waiting, when will I know something? Then today, my superintendent came in the library and gave me some BIG news to blog about. She told me she was going to suggest to the board that I work half time next year. I was relieved that she didn't want to eliminate my job altogether. The board meeting is on Monday when they will decide and make it final.

There are good things and there are bad things about this change. I'll try to focus on what is good.

No comments: