Monday, April 12, 2010

School Board Meeting

Tonight was our school board meeting. My superintendent told me that she was recommending to the board that my job be made part-time. They would discuss it and vote to go along with her or not. Then I would know.

Item number 14 on the agenda reads as follows:

14. Proposed executive session to discuss employment of current contracted certified teachers listed on Appendix A and Appendix B for 2010-2011 [25 OS § 307 (B)(1)].

Appendix A and B lists all the certified personnel with the exception of two other teachers and me. I thought they would rehire the bulk of the teachers and do the three of us separately. But when they got to number 14, the president tabled numbers 14-19. They moved right on to number 20. What just happened? I was still confused when they got to number 26.

26. Schedule time, date, and place for a public hearing for potential reductions in force.

This is odd to me. What is this public hearing for potential reductions in force? Is it a special board meeting to decide whose job to reduce or eliminate? When are they going to rehire everyone else? At the next regular board meeting in May?

So here I sit, not knowing, wondering what the future holds, hearing God say, "Fear not." I had to look it up: "Fear not for I am with you. Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand." Isaiah 41:10

There's nothing confusing about that. God's got my back. My future, although unknown, is secure.

No comments: