Thursday, April 8, 2010

Cure for the Common Life

I don’t have any time to do anything worth writing about, I’m too busy blogging!

Here’s what I do have time to do, listen to audio books while driving to Curves (exercise), about 20-30 minutes each way. Today I started listening to CURE FOR THE COMMON LIFE by Max Lucado. My daughter, Beth, gave it to me as a Christmas present. I needed a break from my police/FBI/Secret Service thriller mysteries and this is just the ticket. I’ve read several Lucado books and plan to read them all. He has quite a way with words. Preachers would say, “Live in God’s will.” Max says, “Find the sweet spot that God has created for you.” God made each of us in a unique way to do a specific job. He equipped us for this job with the right personality, the right energy, the right talents to get the job done. How does a person know what that job is? It’s as easy as discovering what you are good at and what you like to do. Max says you can look back at what was fun for you as a child and what you were successful at as an adolescent.

I’ll go out on a limb here and tell you what I like to do and what I think I’m good at. I love technology and I love writing. Blogging is the perfect mix for me. I also like to be with people, help people and teach people. My jobs as a school librarian and a public librarian combine all of those things. Besides teaching students and helping patrons, I write a newsletter for the school and the public library and my church too. I think I may be in the right place. But, like I said before, if God has a new adventure, I’m ready to go.

Even though I love my jobs, I am still a BIG fan of these three-day weekends. I enjoy time for personal writing and reading and TV watching, relaxing and having unstructured time. God told us to take a day of rest. I’m thinking if one day is good, then three is better! Happy weekend all!

No comments: