Sunday, April 25, 2010

Another Sun Up to Sun Down Day

OK, I'm not an early riser but I did roll out of bed at
7:30 a.m. at the insistence of my five-year-old grandson, Owen. We ate breakfast and got ready for church.

I spent 9:30 a.m.-12:00 noon at church and Sunday School.

After church I got a baby shower gift wrapped and then went to my mother-in-law's to help get lunch ready. We had a wonderful meal of pork chops, mashed potatoes and gravy (I don't eat that), corn on the cob (I treated myself...does anyone remember the references to corn on the cob in Lake Wobegon?), green beans, salad, and cottage cheese with pineapples (tastes like dessert to me).

After lunch we had time to get most of the dishes done before it was time to go to the baby shower.

The shower was a lot of fun. I got to see a friend whom I haven't seen in years, plus other friends whom I don't get to see as often as I'd like. Wonderful gifts were lavished on the mom to be. We talked and laughed and, after two hours, said good-bye.

I headed straight to school to get the school newsletter written and published. Drat! I forgot to send it out in email and I didn't send it to be published on the school website. There's always tomorrow. I did get the hard copies printed and delivered and was home by 6:30.

I ate some supper and talked with Beth. She was doing her lesson plans and I started working on mine. Beth went home at 8:00, I continued working on lesson plans until 9:30 and decided it was time to do my daily blog post.

I posted a picture of our dog early this morning (12:04 a.m.) but I just didn't think that was good enough for my daily post.

It's 10:50, I usually go to bed at 11:00. Don't think I'll make it tonight. It's been another long, full day. Lots of good stuff. It makes me think about God's directive to take a day of rest. I'll have to try that sometime.

No comments: