Saturday, April 24, 2010

My Fair Lady

I just got home from a Saturday evening performance of My Fair Lady at Cameron University. I only have 56 minutes to get my blog done to be able to call it a post for April 24.

The performance was a good one of a wonderful show with great songs like "I Could Have Danced All Night" and "On the Street Where you Live." The student actors did a fine job.

But my real fair lady is Beth. She came over today at about 1:00 with a Rug Doctor and cleaned my carpet. We moved furniture, vacuumed and Beth ran the Rug Doctor. It is absolutely amazing the difference it made. I started to get ready for the play at 6:00, Beth was still cleaning in the bedroom when I left at 6:30 p.m.

This morning Owen and I did yard work. I cut back a big overgrown bush and Owen cut grass with scissors. We put new potting soil around the plants in the whiskey barrels and then gave them a drink. I pulled weeds out from around the roses while Owen dug a hole.

I think I will probably have achy muscles tomorrow but it's worth it. It was a full day, getting things accomplished and having fun.

No comments: