Thursday, December 5, 2013

Advent Day 5

I think it is so cool that Advent began on December 1st.  So the date in December is the same as the day of Advent. Nice and Easy.

Today's advent theme is comfort. This Christmas song came to mind:

God rest ye merry, gentlemen, let nothing you dismay,
Remember Christ our Savior was born on Christmas Day;
To save us all from Satan’s power when we were gone astray.
Oh tidings of comfort and joy, comfort and joy;
Oh tidings of comfort and joy.

I can comfort others because God first comforted me. Before I experienced the death of a loved one, I felt awkward and inadequate around people who were grieving over the loss of someone close to them.  But now I feel at ease.  I've been there, I know what it's like, and I have comfort to share.

Thank you Lord for being there for me, for comforting me when I'm down and loving me always. Let me be a vessel for your love and comfort so that others can be blessed by your gentle touch and loving care. Amen.


No comments: