Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Advent Day 10

Steadfast love and faithfulness will meet;
     righteousness and peace will kiss each other.
Faithfulness will spring up from the ground,
    and righteousness will look down form the sky.
~ Psalm 85: 10-11

How's that for beautiful imagery?

The theme today is peace on earth.  How does one bring peace on earth?

I experienced peace throughout this day.  It was brought to me by the lady in Walgreen's who laughed and joked with me while she looked for my collage. It was brought to me again by the cashier in Hobby Lobby who smiled and said she'd be glad to check me out too, even though she meant to take her lunch break after the customer in front of me. And more peace checking out in Ross. Sales people are not always friendly and peaceful, especially at this busy time of year.  But my girl was a gem, taking care of my items, talking like friends, being pleasant and smiling the whole time. Lunch at Atlanta Bread was perfect. The food was delicious, the latte even more so. It was 3:00 pm and not so busy. Friends enjoying a meal or a coffee or a snack together, the busboy wishing everyone happy holidays, the workers tending to business while tending to the customers all created an ambiance of peace.

Next stop was work at the public library and the peace wrapped up in joy continued.  I work with great people, fun and funny, thoughtful and quirky, quiet and interesting. I had an envelope in my mailbox from Beth. Oh my gosh, she is so creative. I will add a picture to this post of all the items. Not only creative but clever, the thing I love the most is a book mark made out of a sample paint strip. When I saw it, I laughed and then I smiled and then I hunted down Beth and hugged her.

It was slow at the library due to the ice, snow and cold but there were people there who needed my help.  It's good to be on the other side of giving peace.  I'm constantly amazed at how appreciative people are and how they don't keep it to themselves. It was a calm and easy night, pure peace.

So how does one bring peace on earth? One small act at a time.


No comments: