Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Girl Power

I only have sisters




&



I only have daughters.

I know about girl power. And I see it everywhere I go.

This summer I am working 2 days at the Public Library. On Thursdays I help with the summer craft programs. Last week we made duct tape wallets. I made a pink one for daughter Beth. When I showed it to my co-worker, Sarah, she said, "Wow. Girl power." I think she's right.





I exercise at Curves. They have a new promotion going with TNT. I thought this poster screamed "Girl Power!"


In 2001, the Oxford English Dictionary added the term Girl power," defining this phrase as: Power exercised by girls; spec. a self-reliant attitude among girls and young women manifested in ambition, assertiveness, and individualism. (wikipedia) My usage of the term includes the qualities of being a girl, like nurturing, sensitivity, communication, being girly and also being part of the community of females.

No comments: