Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Sky is God's Canvas

Coming home from Wichita Falls on Labor Day after leaving Mari & Shawn at the Wichita Falls Airport, we drove through a little rain on the Interstate. When the skies cleared, there was the most amazing rainbow that nearly filled the sky. It was a complete rainbow that touched the ground on the left and spread across the sky meeting the ground again on the right. Each ROYGBIV color was a bright and distinct band of its own. It would have been a perfect subject to do a photoshop panoramic picture, but we were in a hurry to get home and I didn't think of it. Words will have to do.

Later that night after I completed the school newsletter I walked out into the night and there waiting for me was another sky work of art starring the moon. It was a 3/4 moon shining big and bright white like a full moon does. It was framed by clouds that made the rest of the sky completely black. The spot light was on the moon. Wispy black clouds floated in front of the moon like a shredded spider web. It could've been a Halloween decoration, but a lovely awe inspiring one. Before I could get my camera out, the clouds moved and the moon disappeared. I didn't think I could get a good picture anyway. Even in the best of situations, photographs don't do the original justice.

I hope you will take time to visit the free art gallery in the sky. God is an awesome artist!

No comments: