Sunday, September 27, 2009

Plarn Purses

Last summer, in Kansas for a Tompkins family reunion, we went to church at the St. John United Methodist Church. That's where I was baptized as a baby! Somehow we met a woman who had a crocheted purse made out of plastic "WalMart" bags. It was too too cute. She gave us a little lesson after church on how to make one. She so enjoyed our time together that she came to the reunion to show us some of her other bags.

I began making my first bag (the one on the right) as soon as I got home. The one on the left is my second creation and the one in the middle is a Trick-or-Treat bag for Owen. If he doesn't want to use it, then I will put my treats in it to give out to the little goblins. Any suggestions for my next project?

Plarn n. PLastic yARN

2 comments:

RecycleCindy said...

I love your plarn bag creations! Isn't is wonderful creating such a cool and useful thing from trash? Best wishes and if you need any patterns, stop by for a visit.
Cindy

Sydney said...

Very cool bags! I left a comment but didn't fill out a user name or anything so I don't know if it "took". Very cool rain hat too!. Nice that you could think of doing something productive in the awful traffic rather than just getting frustrated and angry.

message from Beemer