Friday, December 5, 2014

Never Cease To Learn

While straightening up my desk I found a piece of notebook paper with notes taken by me.  When? Why? Where? I have no idea.

At the top, like a title, are the words "Never Cease To Learn".  That's kind of my mantra right now. I'm taking an on-line class through my church called "Connectional Living; Connectional Giving". I am brushing up on my German using the library's foreign language data base.

So I read the notes.  It's mostly good information that I want to keep but I need a piece of notebook paper hanging around like I need, well, like I need something that I totally don't need. I know, I'll blog it.

And here are my notes about learning:

Always be on the lookout for new ideas.

Research, go to meetings, workshops,

Think, Dream, Plan.

Continually improve and learn.

Good habits are the key to success.

We are what we repeatedly do - Aristotle

You can choose your habits.

Determine your own life and your own habits. Don't let others do it for you.

Play the music that is within you.

Aha! Know how to ask the right questions.

Learn to listen.

Jerome Bruner - The process of education

Avoid negative influences.

You shape your future or your future will shape you.

Don't just survive and exist; take risks and grow.

Make it a habit to go to one conference a year.  Visit venders, meet other professionals, network and share, attend multiple sessions, parties and receptions.

Integrity

100 million children around the world do not go to school.

Everyone deserves to be respected, indispensable and loved.


No comments: