Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Who is This Man?

I look forward to seeing him again.  It's been a year. It won't be long now - he'll be here when my shift ends.

I remember his walk.  He moves with strength and purpose, nothing frivolous about him, always tending to business. One look and you know he's the man in charge.

Tanned and golden, sometimes too bright to look at, he even keeps things hot at night.

His name is a description of who he is: inspiring admiration, dignified, imposing, noble, commanding respect.

He approaches with long even strides.  My heart flutters, my pulse quickens.  Why does he do this to me? Me, the party girl, full of fun, food and fireworks. Him, the no nonsense man, here to do his job.

He nods his head at me. I smile and say, "Hello August." With a simple wave I add, "See you next year."



NaBloPoMo August 2012

No comments: