Friday, August 3, 2012

Five Minute Friday: HERE



HERE Is one of my favorite places to be. First thing in the morning, fresh coffee, computer on, breakfast bar, a world of possibilities before me.

I usually open several tabs: email, blogger, good reads, facebook and leave the original google tab open for any searches that present themselves.

Today I am HERE on a mission to blog for five minutes without preparation or deep thought.  Just let it roll out as it will. It is one day in a month-long journey of daily blogging.

When my five minutes are up, I will return to my regular routine, open my email and see what my friends and family have to tell me.  I love the instant access to people I care about. That might lead to a trip to Amazon if someone announces a birth or a wedding or I get a birthday notification. Or if an email piques my interest and I want to know more, then I'm back to google to see what I can find out. I may be reminded of something at work so I'll open my work email to get that done.  The other day a friend wrote that a drunk driver ran into Fred's fence, breaking a telephone pole and shutting off the electricity for several blocks in town. Fred had posted it on facebook.  So, of course, I had to go look at the pictures myself and leave a comment.

You just never know what turning on the computer will lead to.  Some days (in the summer when I'm not "working" at school) I sit HERE until noon. But for now, my five minutes are almost gone. I'll still be HERE.  Send me an email.

1 comment:

Sydney said...

FYI---I added the title and "5Minute Friday" icon before I started typing. And when I was done, I went back and fixed typos and spelling errors.