Saturday, September 10, 2011

Weekly Writing Prompts

Monday, September 5, 2011
What was your favorite part about returning to school?
  • My favorite part about returning to school was and still is seeing people I haven't seen much over the summer. As a student, I saw my best friends over the summer, but there were other friends that I missed during the summer months and was glad to be with them again when fall rolled around. Work is kind of the same. There are a few people I see during the summer but most I don't. It's always good to see them again as we join together in the common task of educating (raising?) Indiahoma kids.
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
How do you feel when you return home at the end of the day?
  • In a word, exhausted.
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
What is the first thing you see when you walk into your house?
  • I usually enter my house from the side porch that is next to the car port. This takes me into my bedroom. The first thing I would see if I were paying attention, would be the mirrored dresser that belonged to my mom's Uncle Orin. My mom refinished it for me and it is quite a lovely piece of furniture.

    People coming in through the front door would see the leather couch and love seat, the back of the matching recliner, a desk full of clutter, Owen's toys strewn about the floor, the book cases and TV. It's where we live.
Thursday, September 8, 2011
If you could return the decorations in one room of your house, which would it be?
  • No doubt, I would return the decorations in the back room, the man cave, Daryl's nest...because they don't belong to me. I'd love to trade them in and redecorate the room as it was intended to be: a recreation room for the kids so they'd have a place to hang out with their friends. So the kids are grown and gone and have their own places to hang out with their friends now. Still, a recreation room with exercise equipment might be just the ticket.
Friday, September 9, 2011
If you could return to a place you once lived, where would you go?
  • Are we talking permanently or for a visit? I'd love to spend time in Southern California again. The beaches, the mild temperatures, family, old friends, so many fun things to do... And I'd love to go back to Germany, practice speaking German, travel around Europe by rail, visit museums, drink beer... I wouldn't stay too long though because my bucket list is full of new places I want to go and experience.





No comments: