Friday, September 2, 2011

5 Minute Friday: REST

It's another Friday. Today's prompt/theme is "rest." Write for 5 minutes freely, not worrying about grammar or the perfect choice of words or sentence structure or anything. Just pour your words out and see what happens.

START:
Rest is exactly what I need and thank goodness for a three day weekend. I have just completed the first two weeks of a new school year and worked at the public library the past two Saturdays. I also work Thursday and Wednesday nights making my work day last from 8:00 a.m to 9:00 p.m. Oh yes, I need some rest.

Tomorrow morning is my grandson's 7th birthday party which will be a fun time with Owen and his friends at the town park. Pinata, playground equipment, water guns, bubble blowers, party games, hot dogs, cake and fun. I'll be refreshed.

Then home to my house by myself. My husband is going to Norman to meet friends for the OU opening football game. Then he's going to his sister's house to spend the night. I'll have the house to myself to do whatever I want whenever I want. And there is so much to do.

The Lord said to rest on the Sabbath and I understand the wisdom of that order. To be productive and to make a difference you have to be rested, therefore energized and able to perform.

I plan on being well rested when Tuesday rolls around and it's back to the grind.
STOP.

To learn more about 5 Minute Friday, visit thegypsymama.

.

No comments: