Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Fat Tuesday 2013

I woke up early this morning, not unusual as I like to check the clock and see how much time I have before the alarm goes off.  But this morning everything was dark.  No clock illumination, no street lights from outside, just darkness and the sound of rain.

I fumbled in the dark looking for my cell phone.  How did we get along before cell phones?  While I was setting the phone alarm clock, I started getting text messages..."School starts at 11:00 am. No electricity. Text others who need to know."  That's what I call a good Fat Tuesday message.  I crawled back under the covers and didn't get up until 8:30 a.m.

The rain was still coming down as I drank my first cup of coffee.  Who needs Mardi Gras beads when God will toss down rain for a fabulous Fat Tuesday celebration?

No comments: